Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas

Yes, I am aware that Christmas is still a few hours away - but nonetheless: "Merry Christmas!"

My girlies & I before Hampton's Holly Days Parade 

Anne kept fussing at me to get off of my phone! *hehe*
It was refreshing during the Hampton Holly Day parade to only hear the crowd tell me "Merry Christmas" - not "Happy Holly Days" ;) like I had expected. It reminds me that He is truly the reason for the season.

Though most people use Thanksgiving Day as a time to express their thankfulness for the blessings that the Lord has bestowed upon them, I find that I have been giving thanks more now, than I did a month ago.

I am seeing that the people in my life are not there due to fate, my heart has not been broken due to happenstance, and people have not left my life by accident - it is the hand of my Heavenly Father that has moved, blessed, and tried me time and time again. For those who have taught me to never give up; to demand respect from everyone, most importantly from myself; to believe in love; to encourage others; to be a good friend and sister; to be a believer; to not be afraid to take chances or be vulnerable... -- I thank you. For I know that without your words or actions, I would not be the great woman that I am today.

....So grateful for the opportunity to serve an area that has given so much to me.

1 comment: