Thursday, January 2, 2014

13 Lessons of 2013

I wanted to post something ‘theme-like’ for the new year. I don’t have a resolution I want to share (as I have learned from the past that I will make one and forget what it was by February or March). And I don’t believe that the new year will bring about a “new me.” --- I do pray that I will continue to grow closer to the Lord, that I will remain an excellent employee and supportive girlfriend, and that I will always to look for ways to challenge myself. 

Today, I just wanted to share some lessons that I learned (or was reminded of) during 2013:

  1. Plan ahead – a day, a week, a year… it helps.
  2. Believe in second chances: for yourself, and for others.
  3. Being your best may not mean being the best. (And sometimes that is okay.)
  4. Everything happens for a reason.
  5. You teach people how to talk to/treat you.
  6. If you are sick, take a sick day. (After all, that is what sick days are meant for.)
  7. Learn to love yourself first, only then can you truly learn to love another.
  8. Loving someone and being in love with someone…those are two separate emotions.
  9. Have something in your life that you do, just for you.
  10. If you want something – you may just have to ask for it.
  11. Have some self-respect.
  12. It is more important that you respect me, than it is that you like me.
  13. Once in a while… have a glass of wine, close your eyes, and don’t think…about anything at all.




Leave me some comments…what did you learn in 2013?

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes it's easier to just let things go rather than constantly wonder why they happen. Learn, move on and let go.

    ReplyDelete